The Storm Is Over!
First, we are so thankful that the rain has stopped! Harvey moved! The Lord heard and answered prayer and moved the storm away from us. Houstonians are so thankful. Yesterday I wrote a post – “Can We See The Sun?” The answer is YES! I am not ashamed to say that I teared up taking this picture. We haven’t seen a sunrise in a while.
I am so proud of our church and what we’ve been able to do in the middle of the storm.
- We sent 15 truck loads of supplies to area shelters.
- We’ve provided meals for hundreds.
- Purchased and delivered medicine to area shelters.
- Nursed at area shelters.
- Provided pastoral counseling for many at shelters.
- Purchased and delivered immediately necessary supplies such as food, water, diapers, feminine hygiene products, and more.
- Purchased and delivered socks and underwear to our first responders who have been on 24 hour duty for days.
This is made possible by so many donating to our church plant. As of this morning we’ve raised $7450 and 100% of that will go to help with disaster relief. We are a church on the ground caring for Pearland, Friendswood, and our surrounding area. If you are looking for a way to donate to a local organization that is working hard in the city then help us help our area.
Here are other groups we are PROUD to partner with:
- National Southern Baptist Disaster Relief
- Southern Baptist of Texas Disaster Relief
- Samaritan’s Purse
We bask in the sunlight and are thankful for the storm to move, but now recovery starts. This is a process that will last not for days, weeks, or months. This process is going to take years. Here is what we’re going to have to recover from:
57 Inches of rain fell in one spot in Pearland… 57 Inches! Rain fell everywhere. This is the largest flooding disaster in the history of the United States.
The amount of rain that fell just in Houston would:
- Fill The Great Salt Lake in Utah… TWICE
- Fill The Empire State Building 33,906 times
- Cover the entire lower 48 states with .17″ of rain.
Here are things that we are going to need in upcoming days
- Shop vacs (wet)
- 5 Gallon Buckets
- Cleaning supplies
- Push brooms
- Baby and Kids Clothes
- Contact Solution
If you are looking for ways to help then start collecting these things and in days/weeks/months ahead start bringing them down and help with disaster relief.
These are verses I found last night and have been thinking about this morning.
 From you comes my praise in the great congregation; my vows I will perform before those who fear him.
 The afflicted shall eat and be satisfied; those who seek him shall praise the LORD! May your hearts live forever!
 All the ends of the earth shall remember and turn to the LORD, and all the families of the nations shall worship before you.
We are praying that the afflicted will literally eat and be satisfied and that the whole earth will remember and turn to the Lord. Pray with us.